joy in a can!!

 

my friend, Emmi at camp!!

Joy in a Can!!

    One of my favorite drinks is Dr.Pepper. Originally made in Waco, Texas, my home town, has been a staple in my diet for years. Dr.Pepper has always been in my families fridge since I can remember. The slight burn down your throat as you drink it, mixed with a subtle sweetness easily makes it one of the best drinks. It's good at any hour of the day, because of the caffeine it's perfect in the morning instead of coffee, how refreshing it is makes it beautiful to drink as a midday pick me up, it also matches wonderful with any cuisine for dinner. You also can't go wrong with flavor, while I think original is best, vanilla or cream soda Dr.Pepper is also amazing. As much joy as Dr.Pepper has brought me, the memories surrounding it have brought more. 
    I can remember memories going back all the way to fourth grade that include this drink. My mom worked at the same elementary school as I attended, when I was having a hard day I would go sit in her office and she would share a can with me while we talked. This is still something we do to this day and is one of my favorite things. In middle school, my best friend's older sister would take us to Chick-fil-a to get Dr.Pepper and ice cream. We would talk about boys, dance and theology. I can remember several of those conversations about God that have impacted me today. In high school and now college, my friends and I go get sonic anytime we had free time and we always get Dr.Pepper. I worked at a summer camp this July, during training I met Emmi. We instantly became friends over our mutual love for Dr.Pepper. She is so kind and loves me so well. Emmi and I instantly clicked and had lots of laughs over the summer. We walked through trials together and she consistently encouraged me. I wouldn't have been able to enjoy camp as much if we weren't friends. I'm thankful for something so little like a drink to bond over. We never know when something we love so much like a drink, could create memories and friendships that will last a life time. This drink is more than a nice refreshing beverage, it's been something that has been consistent in good and bad times, it has created and strengthened friendships, and brought joy in my life. Sure, any drink could have been this involved in my life but I'm thankful mine is Dr.Pepper.

Comments