The Best Day of the Week!



At the end of each week, I plan out my google calendar. I never quite know what my week will look like but Sunday is always exactly the same. While each day of the week is good in its own way, Sunday is my favorite day of the week. Every Sunday is exactly the same for me. It is life giving, fun and rewarding.

Waking up on a Sunday morning is peaceful. I am normally the first one awake in the house, I turn my worship music down low and prepare for a busy day. Most of the time I underestimate how long it will take me to get ready, so I’m always in a rush. I  make a cup of coffee and some toast to take with me on my drive to Harris Creek Baptist Church.

The drive to church every Sunday is one of my favorite parts of my weekly routine. It is relaxing and sets the tone for the day. I pray over the day and upcoming week and ask God to give me a heart of service. While most people's Sundays are restful, mine is nonstop. Although my plate is always full, it is also true that my cup surely runneth over. 

Once I get to church, I serve in the pre-k 3 room for the first service. This is my third year serving with the children in that class. Working with them has been so rewarding and influential in my faith. Watching the kids grow not only in height but also in personality and faith has been so incredible. They started out so dependent as 18-month-olds and now, as four year olds, they are independent and able to do so much for themselves. It is beautiful how quickly children begin to develop skills. They now have the ability to memorize Bible verses and remember the lessons from week to week. They ask questions and are curious about who God is. Seeing their child-like faith has influenced me to ask questions again. 

After working with the children, I go to the second church service to learn about the Lord and worship. I always sit with some of my best friends. It is always so encouraging to hear their perspectives at lunch afterwards. Every Sunday, we go to my good friend, Ben Eckert’s home. The Eckert’s are so kind to host our friend group each week. It is one of the best parts of the week. We all sit around the table and have a family-style meal. The conversation is about the sermon, what is happening in our lives, and normally there is a debate of some sort. 

After lunch, I head home and take a quick nap before I go to a meeting for my sorority, Chi Omega. Each week, we have a meeting to prepare for recruitment week in January. I help set up and get ready for the meeting. I get to greet each member and welcome them. I love getting to see everybody and hearing how their week is going. The Chi O recruitment team talks to us and teaches us how to be successful during rush week. During the meeting, I leave early and go to the youth group at church where I lead an 11th grade girls group. Getting to hear about their week and their walk with the Lord is so rewarding. The other leaders and I get to teach what it looks like to follow the Lord and be obedient to Him. My girls are spunky, talkative and loving. It feels like I have 15 younger sisters. I care so much about them and pray that they recognize that following the Lord is worth it. Going home at the end of the day I am often exhausted but my heart is filled. I aim to apply the lessons I learned and taught to my upcoming week, and be as servant-hearted as I should be through the week. Yes, I love my Sundays.


Comments