my favorite artist

     Songs hold value and can remind you of a memory. People often have a favorite singer or band and support all of their music. For me I love Taylor Swift. This past month has been an important month in her career. She released a new album and announced she was going to go on tour. She broke several records with her new work. She was the first artist to have all top 10 songs in the Hot 100 songs. After announcing her tour, she had millions of fans sign up to be a verified fan in hopes of getting a presale access code. During the presale, all of her concerts sold out. She is a very popular favorite artist.

    Although a lot of people only like her for the hype, I have loved her for as long as I can remember. Growing up I would play Fearless, her second album while I played in my room. I had a small CD player and I would play it every time I would go into my room. When I was 10, I got an iPod for Christmas, the only album I had downloaded on it was Red by Taylor Swift. I would walk home from the bus stop and would listen to that album as I walked. Once I got my own car, I would only listen to her work. Since I was 16, she has been my most played artist in my car. Her last four albums, I have stayed up till midnight to listen to them as soon as they came out.

    It's obvious that I love Taylor Swift. I've always wondered why my loyalty runs so deep for her. After long thought, I think I value her music so much because of how talented her writing skills are. Her music is more than just good songs, they tell a beautiful and sometimes heartbreaking story. She also has several very relatable songs. She sings about friendship, parents, growing up and heartbreak so anyone could relate to her songs. Listening to her work, it's evident she means what she is singing about and is able to turn her emotions into words.
I think she gets a lot of hate for singing about heartbreak and boys so much, but I think it's important to not just sing about love, but also the other side. She's very wise and listening to her work makes it obvious. Her work has been something very consistent in my life for 14 years. I am thankful for her music for getting me through every stage of life. I am very excited to see her in concert in 6 months and for making my 6 year old dreams come true.

Comments